Quick Login
  Register Register  Login Login   
Crystal(ProTrust)
 Softpro Users Group Forums : Softpro Documents & Reports : Document & Report Forums : Crystal(ProTrust)
Message Icon Topic: New User Report Difficulty Post Reply Post New Topic
Nicole
SPUser Member
SPUser Member

Online Status: Offline
Quote Nicole Replybullet Topic: New User Report Difficulty
    Posted: 04 April 2006 at 9:10pm

Hi, I am new to ProTrust and am having a few problems. 

Why would ledgers that are marked RFD be showing up (with a balance) in the Multiple Ledger Balance Report (Balances Only)?   Several of these ledgers are accounts that I recently fixed and brought down to a zero balance.  If I open the ledger in protrust, the ledger balances, but the MLB report shows a balance. 

Also, could something be causing old ledgers to reimport themselves?  The other day a bunch of really old checks reappeared on the reconciliation page.  I had to go back thru months of old statements to confirm they had actually cleared.

I feel that the more I do to try to work on this statement, the bigger the hole gets.  I asked my boss if there is some kind of recovery file so I can bring the system back to the way it looked 3 weeks ago--but he wasn't even sure about that.  I was really given a very rudimentary training on the system and have pretty much figured things out on my own up to this point.  I thought I had a good grip on the program until now. 

Any advice at this point will be greatly appreciated.

IP IP Logged
danvanf
SPUsers Administrator
SPUsers Administrator

Quote danvanf Replybullet Posted: 04 April 2006 at 11:29pm
Hi Nicole,

Try to do a Test and recompute Ledger Balances (under the tools menu). I'd also do a repair and compact of the Database. (Tools menu - Database Utilities) However first copy your ptwin.mdb (if you are running standard version) to a backup file just in case. That will probably take care of your RFD report issues.

The only way I know that old ledgers reimport themselves is when a user accidently exports them again, sometimes this happens when exporting to 1099. Someone else will likely chime in on this.

I can't tell where in the U.S. you are (Boston?), but try to talk your boss into you attending attending one of the SoftPro on the Road training events. They have a good ProTrust session. Cost is about $300 if you register in advance. See the Schedule at www.softprocorp.com/Services-Training.html. If you're not near a Training class, talk to SoftPro about a few hours of Web Based Training.

The only recovery file would be your Month end backup tapes or any manual backup of the ProTrust database.

If you don't already, you should(read must) get SpAdmin installed, so you have some control over cleared items changing. (Not to mention the rest of the security this provides)

DanV
Dayton, Oh

Not much time left until it's 01:02:03 on 04/05/06
<smile>
IP IP Logged
Nicole
SPUser Member
SPUser Member

Quote Nicole Replybullet Posted: 05 April 2006 at 8:53am

Hi Dan, 

How did you guess Boston?  (I am from MA, about 40 minutes outside Boston).

I have been doing the test and recompute action on a regular basis.   I have not done the repair and compact action though.   I'll try that next.

How long are the training seminars typically?  More than one day?   I have tried to log onto the softpro website to troubleshoot or just look for information that will help me learn along the way and have not been able to access their site.  

Thanks for all your advice.

IP IP Logged
danvanf
SPUsers Administrator
SPUsers Administrator

Quote danvanf Replybullet Posted: 05 April 2006 at 10:37am
Hi Nicole,

It was your accent.

<smile>

Really it was your IP address.

The Seminars currently traveling are one or 2 days long. One day for ProForm, and one for ProTrust. Here's a list of some of the things covered on the ProTrust day.

Using the ProTrust Reconciliation feature
Step-by-step guide to trust account reconciliation
3-way Reconciliation process
Overview of Reconciliation reports
Using ProClear for automatic transaction clearing
Using PositivePay to avoid fraudulent checks
Correcting common “out-of-balance” situations
In-depth analysis of ProTrust reports
Standard Reports
Daily Reports (Enterprise only)
Monthly Reports (Enterprise only)
3-Way Reconciliation Reports (Enterprise only)
Working with Sweep and IOLTA accounts
Working with Fee Ledgers
Introduction to the SoftPro Reconciliation Service
Questions and Answers

I assume you are having problems getting into the "MySoftPro" section of the website, if so contact your sales rep, they will be able to reset your login so it works. The knowledge base is a great tool, you need access to it. (while you're talking to them, ask about the costs of Web Based training, the closest scheduled seminair to you is in Baltimore MD, April 18-20th)

Good Luck,

DanV
Dayton, OH
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version